DIGITRANS – Digital Transformation in the Danube Region
Digital technologies such as internet of things, big data and cloud computing are dramatically changing the way business is being done. Transformation based on those technologies enables more comprehensive and systematic business models, while simultaneously lowering overall costs to companies. One of the biggest challenges SMEs and start-ups face is the effective transition from current business models to new, technologically advanced and user-friendly ones.
What is DIGITRANS project about?
Its goal is to help SMEs and start-ups adapt their business models, activities and processes in an efficient way and make use of the opportunities digital technologies provide. The transformation will be achieved by:
- Developing an appropriate innovation method which will enable SMEs to create competitive digital business models;
- Establishing incubator premises in the partner regions based on the newly developed DIGITRANS method;
- Developing online learning content and a method tool box which will be integrated into online learning platform;
- Teaching SMEs the skills needed to handle the transformation process. This will be done by providing appropriate trainings.
Project value: 2.106.825,97 EUR
EU contribution: 1.790.802,07 EUR
Duration: 01/01/2017 – 30/06/2019
- MFG Innovation Agency media and Creative Industries Baden-Württemberg(D)
- Technology Innovation Centre Medjimurje Ltd (HR)
- Romanian Research Group in Corporate Finance, Association (RO)
- Alumni Association of the Petru Maior University from Tirgu Mures (RO)
- University of Ljubljana (SI)
- IRP Institute of entrepreneurship research (SI)
- Faculty of Organization and Informatics, University of Zagreb (HR)
- Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski (BG)
- Institute of Technology and Development Foundation (BG)
- University of Debrecen, Faculty of Economics (HU)
- MAG Praktikum Nonprofit Ltd (HU)
- University of Vienna (AT)
- Innovation-and Technology Transfer Salzburg GmbH (AT)
- Böblingen District (D)
- Reutlingen University (D)
- Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency (BA)
- University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Economics in Subotica (RS)
Official project’s website: DIGITRANS – Digital Transformation in Danube Region
RORCF – training partner in ITSM4SME Long Learning Programme
The project ITSM4SME supported by the Life Long Learning programme of the European Union, steps into this gap, with the aim to offer substantially simplified IT-service- management-methods to SME of the Danube Region to react on the lack of resources and higher innovation barriers. The project relies on the results of the successful project INNOTRAIN IT.
More than 25 different “best-practice-examples” for service-orientated SMEs have been gathered in six European regions as part of INNOTRAIN IT. They form the knowledge base for trainings in the areas of cost optimization of IT-processes, and business process redesign and process and product innovations.
Courses by date:
#7 – February 20 @ RORCF – 12 Participants;
#9 – March 19 @ RORCF – 12 Participants;
#11 – April 20 @ RORCF – 8 Participants;
#13 – Mai 25 @ RORCF – 16 Participants;
#14 – June 5 @ RORCF & CIPUPM – 17 Participants
TRANSFORMING SMEs IN THE DANUBE REGION – Project final results